And then there was none....

The area where you can post stuff that has totally no relation to WhartHog's or UT at all.

And then there was none....

Postby Moxley » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Looks like the last decent reg weps server shut down..... sad day.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Re: And then there was none....

Postby GNU » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Moxley wrote:Looks like the last decent reg weps server shut down..... sad day.

What server?

:?
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby Moxley » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 am

Dunno the name of it - it's been in my favs for years so I just click it. The name says "fast downloads - reg weps - zp" or some nonsense. It was always full - the day before it went dark, there were a few hours of high skill 10 v 10.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby Mikolaj » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Finnaly you should try VM server there are many WH players. There are not only RX, but a lot of WH maps, NW and IG maps, also there is zero ping, which gives more equal chances and also there is NO WARPING PROBLEM :wink:

G will kick your ass there
Image Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
Mikolaj
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby Moxley » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:22 am

I just don't like RX and that server is very heavy on the RX.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby Gman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Moxley wrote:Dunno the name of it - it's been in my favs for years so I just click it. The name says "fast downloads - reg weps - zp" or some nonsense. It was always full - the day before it went dark, there were a few hours of high skill 10 v 10.

If you were playing, wouldn't that be a high skill 9 v 10? Actually, I get it. You were specing.

RX does suck in that most maps rely on the rocket. You can just launch a rocket at a person and they can't do anything about it. Kind of mindless.
I do love the WH maps on there and pretty much rule them. Most of the players can't play a map without a RX.

Saturdays see some traffic on WH. Come join.
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby GNU » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Well... I would love a server with Wharthog's speed, only Normal Weapons, IG and ComboGib but ZeroPing :twisted:
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby Moxley » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:29 am

GNU wrote:Well... I would love a server with Wharthog's speed, only Normal Weapons, IG and ComboGib but ZeroPing :twisted:

Me too! Except I would like it a little slower so you have a better chance at hitting moving combos. Pretty tough at the current speed.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby Moxley » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:06 am

I think if we could put together a server on the East Coast of North America with ZP, we'd get the 100 or so Europeans players that were left behind when they shut the server down. It's beyond my technical ability, but I'd be willing to pitch in some money if anyone knows someone we could hire to do it.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby Mikolaj » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Moxley wrote:I think if we could put together a server on the East Coast of North America with ZP, we'd get the 100 or so Europeans players that were left behind when they shut the server down. It's beyond my technical ability, but I'd be willing to pitch in some money if anyone knows someone we could hire to do it.

Agree, from here it could be X or Dem(he had his own server in past) , from E-201 - Philp(really smart technical guy) @GNU you could ask him.

Moxley wrote:Looks like the last decent reg weps server shut down..... sad day.

Working again, and they just kick my ass in my wootbatulus map :cry:

Question is how we can bring few of them here. Well I remember when ,fast download smoking'' sever was new and there were ONLY FAKE SMART PLAYERS (they move like real players, playing really well and talking but this were still bots) :arrow: later server was full of real people. In my opinion we should add few fake players on WH. If UT Server Browser will show active players online, real players will join for sure.
True is people(also fake) attracts more people,please consider this
Attachments
players.JPG
Image Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
Mikolaj
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby GNU » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Moxley wrote:I think if we could put together a server on the East Coast of North America with ZP, we'd get the 100 or so Europeans players that were left behind when they shut the server down. It's beyond my technical ability, but I'd be willing to pitch in some money if anyone knows someone we could hire to do it.

Also several Latin guys from the old UK servers, UK closed IG and ComboGib servers, sounds good... Im in!

Mikolaj wrote:...from E-201 - Philp(really smart technical guy) @GNU you could ask him.

Sure, will ask him about current servers cost.
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby Moxley » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Mikolaj wrote:Question is how we can bring few of them here.

It looks like there are several regulars from North America, so I think a US East Coast server would attract some. That server starts bogging down at 20 players, and I've seen it with 32 playing. Another option might get plenty of traffic.
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby GNU » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:21 am

Ok guys, Philp will help, he used to run all the old E201 servers including NWs and IG - we need to know the settings, how many slots? Is New York City ok for you?

Feel free to check this website and have an idea of the cost: https://www.nfoservers.com/order.php - There you can select UT99, choose the number of players (Do not count the spectators, they are free to join) and select the period of time.

Who else is in?

Let me know if you have any doubt.
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member

Postby [wH]old fart » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 am

Just did a hypothetical costing and it looks reasonable :)
[wH]old fart
Truly Dedicated Member

Postby Gman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm all for this. I think we can get some people from VM as well. Not everyone likes the X8 rockets.

I know that Xero could stand up this server, if he has the time. I saw what he did to fix the crash bug here, among other things. Not trying to volunteer him but I'm fairly certain that he could do it. He's wicked smaaat.
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member

Next

Return to The 'General' Forum