Memories

General talk/info about our server.

Memories

Postby GNU » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:11 am

Hey all!

Turned on my PC looking for an old photo but found some old WH's screenshots and I have an idea... show me yours! We used to be an active and awesome server. Go ahead if you want! 8)
Attachments
Shot0086.bmp
Shot0086.bmp (2.25 MiB) Viewed 309 times
Shot0177.bmp
Shot0177.bmp (2.25 MiB) Viewed 309 times
Shot0151.bmp
Shot0151.bmp (2.25 MiB) Viewed 309 times
Image
User avatar
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Moxley » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 am

This is a terrible picture (from a Galaxy S2) I took a long time ago of an LCD monitor that Dell claims can't have burn in. Something kind of funny in the center :lol:

burn in.jpg


gman.png
User avatar
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Gman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Awww, I'm so touched that after all this time, you still have a woody for me. I bet that after you killed me, you could finally go to sleep. sucking your thumb, with your blanky. You left your system running with the last message of the day.
Memories indeed.
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Memories

Postby xero » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Lol, Charlize Theron's Toe, I remember using that one.

As for Moxleys pic, I can see there is some burn in, but I can't make it out. I do see something at bottom left of that pic, but can't make that out either.

G, Looks like Moxley joined late to help a severely under-skilled team, in the midst of a 3 vs 2 slaughter. Appears most of your "efficiency" was a byproduct of uneven teams. Just sayin'.
Image Image
User avatar
xero
Truly Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Gman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:13 pm

xero wrote:Lol, Charlize Theron's Toe, I remember using that one.

As for Moxleys pic, I can see there is some burn in, but I can't make it out. I do see something at bottom left of that pic, but can't make that out either.

G, Looks like Moxley joined late to help a severely under-skilled team, in the midst of a 3 vs 2 slaughter. Appears most of your "efficiency" was a byproduct of uneven teams. Just sayin'.


I think it says "You killed GMAN", which is the joke. Pretty clever for Moxley.

As for the EFF, I only brought it up back then because Moxley had an obsession with EFF. I didn't even know what it was, prior to that. However, if you look closely,
you'll see that Moxley only played for 5 minutes and died 17 times while I played for 9 minutes and died only 14 times. Hence the high EFF. My guess is that Moxley was having
a bad day and was busy re-spawning while I was slaughtering his team. Just sayin. (-;
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Memories

Postby xero » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Now I see it....
Attachments
burn in fixed!.jpg
burn in fixed!.jpg (22.13 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Image Image
User avatar
xero
Truly Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Moxley » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Isn't EFF the number of deaths compared to the number of frags? 50% would be the same number fragg'd as died.
User avatar
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Gman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Moxley wrote:Isn't EFF the number of deaths compared to the number of frags? 50% would be the same number fragg'd as died.


Then the math doesn't make sense. According to the screen shot, I killed 56 but died only 14 times. You killed 12 and died 17. My EFF is 80% and yours is 41%. I killed more than I died. You died more than you killed. Your EFF would be a negative number. I always thought that it was accuracy. How many shots fired vs how many hits. I could be wrong but that was my understanding. Now, the screen shot could be fake news.

On a side note, President Trump is doing rallies in your part of the world. Have you gotten out to see him?
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Moxley » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am

gman wrote:Then the math doesn't make sense.


You might need a little brush up on stats :) You would use both numbers as the denominator which avoids negative numbers while still giving you a good indication of performance. ...so the formula would be
(frags / (frags + deaths))

Top 3 players in picture 1:

GNU - Frags = 30, Deaths = 14. = 30/(30 + 14) = 30/44 = .68 or 68%
Milkman - 34/(34+22) = 60%
Waif's toe - 23/(23+18) = 56%

I think if you press F3 you can see your EFF per gun. At least on some servers.

gman wrote:President Trump is doing rallies in your part of the world. Have you gotten out to see him?


I wish, but I haven't.
User avatar
Moxley
Truly Dedicated Member
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Memories

Postby GNU » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:56 am

I missed your discussions! :lol:
Image
User avatar
GNU
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: Memories

Postby Gman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Moxley wrote:
gman wrote:Then the math doesn't make sense.


You might need a little brush up on stats :) You would use both numbers as the denominator which avoids negative numbers while still giving you a good indication of performance. ...so the formula would be
(frags / (frags + deaths))

Top 3 players in picture 1:

GNU - Frags = 30, Deaths = 14. = 30/(30 + 14) = 30/44 = .68 or 68%
Milkman - 34/(34+22) = 60%
Waif's toe - 23/(23+18) = 56%

I think if you press F3 you can see your EFF per gun. At least on some servers.

gman wrote:President Trump is doing rallies in your part of the world. Have you gotten out to see him?


I wish, but I haven't.


This makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

BTW, I was kidding about Trump. I'm conservative but I thought you were Ultra-Liberal for some reason.
Gman
Elite WhartHog Member
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm


Return to WhartHog's PigPen Server

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron